Monday 4 May 2015

Book Reviews of "Museum of Automata" and "Machinations"

Just to start the ball rolling, I've started to re-read my books and literature on automata. As this stuff is so arcane and many of these books are out of publication, I think that any postings on these books would help to increase public awareness. 

In 1995, I had visited a Museum of Automata in York, England, and got a nice book from the visit.  I understand that the museum closed in 1996 and most of its exhibits have moved on to a museum in Japan.



I had also visited the Cabaret Mechanical Theatre located in Covent Garden, London. I got a non-descript booklet published by Channel 4 Television, featuring the output of Paul Spooner, a very humorous and creative automata maker. As the cover is so plain, I attach a page from inside the booklet showing some interesting diagrams.






No comments:

Post a Comment